Website/Blog Under Construction. We'll be done soon!
See CTA Recent Events:
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
104-106 Bedford Street, managed by ABC Properties (Ralph Davis)
From the time we created this website for the Cornfeld Tenants' Association we have been receiving emails, phone calls and inquiries from other residents in rentals or co-op managed properties complaining about ABC Properties and their owners / management team.
The owners of the apartments at 104-106 Bedford Street desperately want to CHANGE management to "an honest manager" for the property. They claim money has been mis-spent, misappropriated and that "they are full of corruption."
NOTE: IF ANYONE READING THIS ALSO LIVES IN AN ABC owned or run property and you are not receiving adequate help/management/ or have severe issues like we have with the rat infestation and garbage problems >> POST UR ADDRESS in the comment section or EMAIL us cornfeldtenants (at) gmail.com
Friday, August 18, 2017
Taken on August 17, 2017 (Arrows point to fire escape which is constantly blocked by Noi Due's door to their illegal shed; and all the things they put under it.
Also he is putting empty tin containers into the other storage bin. There are RATS, mice, roaches -- so these containers very well may be contaminated BEFORE food goes into it.
Dead rat in front of 143 West 69 Street
Dear Arthur, Alex:
Your residential tenants at the buildings known as 143 West 69 Street and 2020 Broadway respectively request for you to set up rules for the restaurants you have rented space to and who occupy the ground or basement space in both buildings.
We have sent you numerous photos of improperly placed trash, rats, oil, soiled streets, open food crates, condensation in the alleyway, fire hazards, blockage of fire escapes, along with a myriad of other problems (health and safety hazards) created by the carelessness of owners of the restaurants.
These same men, by the way, go home to their 5,000 square foot mini-mansions after day's end leaving behind a series of health hazards for the tenants who occupy the 100 apartments in both buildings.
When residents of either 143 West 69 Street or 2020 Broadway walk out of the buildings we call home we are greeted by garbage, debris, packed streets with random people, smoke filled streets (with random people), multiple trucks (and their fumes); and just last week there was a dead pigeon and a dead rat (photo attached).
It is your responsibility to create a safe and clean environment for your tenants. It has not been safe, and a far cry from clean.
At this point in time ALL residents should receive a reduction in rent as there has been a reduction in services.
This reduction in rent should be retroactive for the duration of the time you added both Noi Due and Barcibo; and should continue in effect until the time you resolve the rat infestation and serious health hazards we are exposed to on a daily basis.
A 50% rent reduction to all tenants in both buildings is what we are requesting until you resolve these on-going issues.
We are happy to meet with you and hope to find a resolution to this onslaught of rats.
All residential tenants deserve a safe and decent home.
Kirby Sommers, President
Cornfeld Tenants Association
143 West 69 Street
New York, NY 10023
P.S. Golan Chetrit’s (Noi Due) letter, via his attorney, Michael Morici, dated August 14, 2017 is a clear SLAPP attempt to intimidate us into silence. SLAPPS are illegal in New York City and a direct violation of New York Civil Rights Section 70-a.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
One of the dead rats in the alleyway where the restaurants receive their food deliveries
Worldwide, rats and mice spread over 35 diseases, according to the Centers for Disease Control. These diseases can be spread to humans directly, through handling of rodents, through contact with rodent feces, urine, or saliva, or through rodent bites. Diseases carried by rodents can also be spread to humans indirectly, through ticks, mites or fleas that have fed on an infected rodent.
The CDC lists seven diseases that rats and mice in North America transmit directly such as Plague and Rat-bite fever and 11 they transmit indirectly. That list includes Lyme Disease, Relapsing Fever, West Nile Virus and others, some of which can be fatal.
Rodents spread diseases through droppings and urine. In addition, they have fleas on their skin. They have thousands of bacteria. They urinate as they walk. The droppings spread disease and contamination. It makes people sick.
Landlords and restaurant owners are supposed to take every precautionary step against the elimination of such a dangerous health hazard to all tenants.
Clean It Up! No More Rat Infestation, Please! Noi Due, Noi Due Carne, Westside Restaurant, Barcibo Mediterraneo
Private residence of Golan Chetrit (owner Noi Due and Noi Due Carne) at 63 Random Farms Circle, Chappaqua, NY 10514
While residents of 143 West 69th Street and its sister building 2020 Broadway continue to fight against the rodent infestation, overwhelming garbage piles, and potentially life threatening fire hazards created by the owners of Noi Due (143 West 69 Street) and Noi Due Carne (141 West 69 Street), the owner Golan Chetrit resides in a beautiful five bedroom home (photo above).
Public information (screen shot above) shows the home was purchased for $1,125,000.00 on January 28, 2014.
The Cornfeld Tenants Association has sent letters on behalf of our approximately 100 apartment dwellers in both buildings requesting our landlord(s) Arthur Cornfeld and his son, Alex Cornfeld (ABC Properties) set some rules to all the restaurants regarding to abate these hazardous conditions.
Pile of trash left by Noi Due in front of 143 West 69 Street (rats, rats, rats)
2 rats scurrying out from under the garbage bags Noi Due piles up in front of the entrance to 143 West 69 Street
Photo shows alleyway and fire escape blocked by Noi Due shed (notice door). Additionally other unsanitary conditions by placing table cloths, napkins, waitstaff uniforms on ground which is littered with rat droppings
Photo of dead rat found in front of 143 West 69 Street
Noi Due trash placed in front of 143 West 69 Street entrance (although they deny this)
Noi Due open trash left in front of 143 West 69 Street
Under New York law our landlord is responsible for keeping the premises clean and free of vermin and other hazardous conditions.
Failure to do this constitutes a Breach of the Warranty of Habitability.
We have requested a rent abatement for the duration of the time ABC Properties has rented space to both Noi Due and Barcibo (now there is a new one calling itself Barcibo Mediterraneo at 2020 Broadway).
While both buildings have been bombarded with restaurants we, as residential tenants, demand from our landlord they control the on-going hazardous conditions created by the commercial tenants they have rented to.
While the owners of these restaurants leave every night and go home to their large 5,000 square foot homes, we are left behind to deal with the overflowing garbage and rat infestation. No more, no more, no more.
CLEAN IT UP!
Cornfeld Tenants Association